Build for UE5.1.1 failed

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat  -projectfiles -project="D:/temp_instalod/instalod/instalod.uproject" -game -rocket -progress -log="D:\temp_instalod\instalod/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2024.03.18-11.06.58.log"
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet "..\..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll" -projectfiles -project="D:/temp_instalod/instalod/instalod.uproject" -game -rocket -progress -log="D:\temp_instalod\instalod/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2024.03.18-11.06.58.log"
Log file: D:\temp_instalod\instalod\Saved\Logs\UnrealVersionSelector-2024.03.18-11.06.58.log
Log file: C:\Users\lightbai\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log_GPF.txt

Some Platforms were skipped due to invalid SDK setup: IOS, Android, Linux, LinuxArm64.
See the log file for detailed information

Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
D:\temp_instalod\instalod\Plugins\InstaLODMeshReduction\Source\InstaLODMeshReduction\InstaLODMeshReduction.Build.cs(56,3): error CS0103: The name 'IWYUSupport' does not exist in the current context
D:\temp_instalod\instalod\Plugins\InstaLODMeshReduction\Source\InstaLODMeshReduction\InstaLODMeshReduction.Build.cs(56,17): error CS0103: The name 'IWYUSupport' does not exist in the current context
Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named 'instalodTarget'.  This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

When I click “Generate Visual Studio project files”, an error window pops up.

The version I’m using is:2024/03/12

Hello @LightBai and welcome to our community.

Thank you for your post. I have brought this up internally and will reply with more information once it becomes available.

Thanks!

Hello @LightBai,

I have checked internally and the InstaLOD for Unreal Engine integration currently supports Unreal Engine 5.3.2. Please let us know if there are any issues when compiling the plugin for this version of UE.

Thanks!

I have no problem compiling on UE5.3.2.
But since my project version is UE5.1.1,I want to use InstaLOD on UE5.1.1.

Hello @LightBai,

Thanks for the additional information.

InstaLOD for Unreal Engine currently supports only the latest version, Unreal Engine 5.3.2. We are working on introducing support for backward-compatible builds of the plugin, which will be available in the future.

Thanks!

1 Like

I see, thank you for your answer.

1 Like