Cannot add elment graph as a layer for painting

So I created a simple material using the Element Graph function. My outputs are a base color, Roughness and Metalness.

When trying to use this new material into the Layering interface, I get the following error:

ERROR: Cannot drop object='(Element 'Dirt' ae83f5f5-86f2-42ca-ada1-3f9ec6ee1d69)' in current layer graph (Reason: incompatible object)
ERROR: Cannot drop object='(Element 'Dirt' ae83f5f5-86f2-42ca-ada1-3f9ec6ee1d69)' in current layer graph (Reason: Only layer graphs or graphs with an image output can be added to the layer stack)

Screenshot added to show the current output of my material (it is outputting images!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the community @FrancisJ!

By default layering applies a filter over which nodes can be used in the layering to hide clutter. The list is currently hardcoded but can be configured in a future update, it’s already available internally.

I think the solution here is to change the category of your Graph from “Default” to “Patterns” or “Materials”

1 Like

That worked! Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

That’s awesome! We’re already working on disabling the filters for user content!