Feature Request : About Change keyboard assignment (especially "Redo")

Hello,

Currently I have not been able to find a way to change the key assignments for basic commands such as Undo and Redo.
It would be great if we could change the key assignments for most of the functions in InstaMAT besides those commands.
It would also be very nice if the user could change the way the 2D/3D View operates (Substance Painter can do that).

Thank you.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @YuLite !

Indeed, we currently only handle our app shortcuts but not the app shortcuts. We’ll add support for OS shortcuts soon! Thanks for bringing it up.

It would also be very nice if the user could change the way the 2D/3D View operates (Substance Painter can do that).

Can you clarify what you are refering to here?

It refers to the ability to change the combination of mouse buttons (Left, Middle, Right) and modifier keys (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) used for the Pan, Rotate, and Zoom operations of the View Port according to user preferences.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying — I’ll create a feature request for this as well, it’s a good idea!

1 Like

I couldn’t find any shortcut for the delete operations as well. I’d like to assign delete to X as well. I guess that’ll come with the OS shortcuts?

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up. I’ve noted it.

+1

I am using a programmable keyboard, so I have undo/redo usually bound to two single combo keys which executes CTRL+Z and CTRL+SHIFT+Z. Afaics, there is no way to customize the hotkey combo for undo/redo… :thinking: (I would like redo to be CTRL+SHIFT+Z, so it conforms with all other apps I am using)

Please let us redo with CTRL+SHIFT+Z. InstaMat is the only app using CTRL+Y for me and it quite messes up my muscle memory.