Maya 2024 InstaLOD Optimize returning multiple skin clusters

When I process meshes through the Optimize function on skinned skeleton meshes I’m getting back meshes with multiple skin clusters. This causes issues when exporting to our game engine as well as creating multiple deformation transforms when moving the objects in Maya.

I do not recall this happening on Maya 2023, but Maya 2024 supports multiple skin clusters per mesh, so maybe this is related.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @bluepointgames and welcome to our community!

I’ll report this internally and provide additional information as soon as it becomes available.

1 Like

Hello @bluepointgames, thanks again for the report. After some investigation, we were able to reproduce the issue internally with Maya 2024 and will provide a fix in the next update.

Thank you!

1 Like

@debe
Do you have a time estimate on when this fix will be available? Also what’s my best method for receiving this update when it’s available?

Thanks,
Chris

@bluepointgames we’ve already solved the issue in the internal build. We’re currently wrapping up the next InstaLOD release and we expect it to be done very soon.

The update will be distributed through our new cloud2 backend. If you do not have access to it yet, let me know and I’ll look into this internally.

OK, so it’s an entire new release. Thank you.

Based on the conversation, I thought it might have been a patch, or smaller update.

I’ll need to check if the cloud2 backend is how we access our version.

Ok, it appears we access our software through the original “cloud” address. I’ll need help getting on the cloud2 backend.