Mesh culling bug when Opacity output is set

Mesh culling in 3d viewport does not seem to work properly when opacity output is set and tesselation enabled. Backfaces generated by tesselation are not culled. “Show backfaces” does not resolve the issue.

To reproduce the issue it is sufficient to set Height and Opacity outputs. In my case I just set white color to Opacity.

Hardware and software setup

InstaMAT 3 v1.5 (build Mar 1 2024) 8147ebd
InstaMAT SDK v1.91 6ae46cd
InstaLOD SDK 2023 v6.13 (build Jan 24 2024)
nVidia RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, driver version: 527.99
AMD Ryzen 5800H (software ver: 10.20.50017.0, driver ver: 20.50.26.08-210714a-371192C-Lenovo)
Windows 10 10.0.19045

By the way, I would like to ask where I can find a list of all output parameters that I can set and that are impacting the material in 3d viewport? I found Material Make node documentation, but it seems to not include Opacity output.

Hello @zwoje3d and welcome to our community!

Thank you for your post. I have been able to reproduce this and have relayed this information internally.

Regarding a list of output parameters, I don’t think there is currently one in the documentation however you can create the following outputs that will appear in the 3D viewport:

• Base Color
  • Normal
  • Roughness
  • Metalness
  • Ambient Occlusion
  • Height
  • Emissive (the emissive color)
  • Mask (binary black or white data)
  • Opacity

Thanks again for your post and please let us know if you have any additional questions!

1 Like