Minor issues and suggestions

After testing instamat for a while i found some minor issues and got suggestions to improve instamat.

Cannot see bounds when in channel preview mode
SS_2024-01-29_21-07-51

Mesh mask builder has some opacity sliders -1 to 1. Even when u open override window it says 0 - 1 you should rewrite 0 to take effect.
SS_2024-01-29_21-19-59

Mesh mask paint renames to mesh painting when undo
SS_2024-01-29_21-16-08

I think an eye icon would be better for enabling / disabling layers. Often times i press it to delete layer. And a trash icon for remove layer button.

Preview Output setting when double clicking doesnt always respect to it.
SS_2024-01-29_21-34-47

And lastly focus should frame the object without changing camera rotations like in other dccs. Current behavior should be called like reset/home camera etc. i think we should have both.

Thanks for the posts! I’ve created tasks for some of the issues.

We consider our “F” to be a home button indeed. But I think it’s useful to have both indeed.

This is a conscious decision on our end, we did not want to use the eye in this area! I hope you can get used to it.

This is not a bug as well, it is a powerful feature. You can create negative masks to take away from previous masks in the stack.

I think it’s important to be critical, but it’s also important to give the new product a chance, get used to it, and try not to consider everything bad or faulty, because you’re not used to it, or you don’t grasp it yet!

1 Like

I can get used to the “x” but I´d second the need for a delete/trash button.
especially when working with pent/tablet, having no delete button means I need to assign/remember another button for that on my tablet setup, that is already pretty crowded.

1 Like

Indeed, the trash button could be helpful for tablet users. But I think most tablets support a RMB button on the pen, don’t they?

In any case, I think it would be a good candidate for a FR.