My computer cursor arrow not aligned with topic headers I want to choose

For instance, in the Graph Library" on the lists such as Materials and then Mesh and then Mesh Materials, etc, all in a vertical list, when I hover my cursor arrow over the name I want to open, let’s say I want to choose “Paintbrush,” I have to put my arrow over the name above it, in this case over the word “Noise” to highlight “Paintbrush.”

This phenomenon is the same for all the items I have to choose. So there seems to be a 1/4 inch vertical offset from my cursor arrow above what it is I want to select.

Cursor out of alignment

I haven’t experienced this in any of the other programs I am using.

Just thought you should know.

Hello @mwsheeler and thanks for the report!

I have personally never seen this before, do you have some DPI or accessibility setting enabled on your computer?

Hi voidberg,

Thanks for the reply. I have no accessibility settings or special DPI set, (unless I unknowingly hit some key combination that did it). As I mentioned, this is the only software where this phenomenon occurs.

I can learn to live with it.

You shouldn’t have to, I think if you have this issue, many others will as well so it’s in our best interest to get to the bottom of it!

Voidberg, is there a way for me to check the DPI and the accessibility settings on my Windows PC?

@AbstractSupport are you aware of these settings?

I found this https://www.makeuseof.com/change-display-dpi-windows-11/
Maybe there’s also a mouse setting that could affect this?

On a side note, we’re already looking into this issue!

Strange, today the cursor alignment is perfect in InstaMat. My scaling was set to 150% on my 4k monitor and the recommended was 200%. I don’t recall ever changing that in Settings.

Just wanted to let you know.

1 Like