Pipeline Download

I just created a Pionner account and downloaded InstaLDO Studio and the blender integration.

I followed the documentation for the Addon installation and it asked me to download the Pipeline tool, but there was nothing related to the pipeline tool on my account.

Am I missing something? I checked the cloud page, but there’s nothing there besides the Studio and Integrating files.

Thanks

1 Like

Im having the same issue, I searched everywhere possible, its just really confusing to get started
also having the issue that studio wont open .blend files and the mesh vanishing after remeshing when I try it with .obj
most of the content I can find is +2 years old, very irritating…

Hello and welcome to our community!

Please note that Pioneer and Studio Licenses do not include support for our plugins in DCC tools. However, they include our standalone application InstaLOD Studio and game engine integrations into Unity and Unreal Engine. Even though you can still download InstaLOD for Blender for example, InstaLOD Pipeline - the processing backbone that powers all our DCC plugins - is not included in your account.

DCC tool plugins are included starting with the InstaLOD Node-Locked Subscription - I hope this clarifies the situation.

Thanks,

Andreas

Ok, so on the licensing page, it does say Integration for game Engines.

So I got a bit confused when I saw the plugins for all the DCCs on my account. So probably they shouldn’t be there as it makes you think those are available to you.

I will be giving a try to the node-locked license then.

As a suggestion, it would be nice to at least get access to Blender’s Addon, since Blender is free. As someone who doesn’t make more than 100k a year and only does this sort of file optimization occasionally, it would be a nice extra.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello @Support_AS,

I just bought into the Studio license today and the Blender plugin is clearly advertised as included on the website, yet I cannot find the required pipeline to download in my Abstract account to make it work.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks

Hello @Dino and welcome to our community!

Both the InstaLOD Pioneer and the InstaLOD Studio licenses include only the integrations for game engines. Access to DCC tool integrations such as InstaLOD for Blender becomes available with the InstaLOD Node-Locked license.

Even though you can download InstaLOD for Blender, InstaLOD Pipeline is not included in your account.

Thanks,

Andreas

Thanks for the response. In that case I’ll have to request refund. This is clearly misleading and confusing for customers. When looking at the studio plan and hovering the “Info” icon next to “game engine integrations” there is clearly a tick at “Blender”. Also when scrolling down there is a tick for blender “seat license”. The studio license is within “seat license” category filter. So I really don’t see how someone is supposed to understand what is going on here.

I was only booking this because of the blender integration.

Hi @Dino,

The refund request is understandable, and thanks for letting us know about the confusion. We’ll look into clarifying the communication so it’s a bit more straightforward — we appreciate your input.
You can initiate a refund in the Abstract Store application within the Subscription page. Here are some steps to help facilitate things:

• Navigate to the following URL: https://store.theabstract.co/
  • Login with your credentials
  • Navigate to the Subscriptions page
  • Locate the subscription
  • Select the Refund button and confirm
  • You’ll receive an email confirming the refund was requested

Please note that it may take some time for our payment processor to issue the refund.
If you have any other questions or need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks

Hello @Dino, I’ve looked into this as well and a colleague from our team will reach out to you by email to either ensure the refund works, or figure out a way to get you up and running with Blender!

To echo what @DrDro said, we’re going to work adding clarification to the website. But it’s worth mentioning that the team is currently working on an integration for Blender that does not require InstaLOD Pipeline.