UE5.3 Build Error

Hi there was recently trying to build the plugin in my project and i get the following errors and so on:

Cannot open include file: ‘MeshMergeUtilities/Private/MeshMergeUtilities.h’: No such file or directory

use of undefined type ‘FSkeletalMeshOptimizationSettings’

currently using vs 2022

1 Like

Hello Jojoman236 and welcome to our community!

Unfortunately, InstaLOD for Unreal Engine currently only supports Unreal Engine 5.2. We are currently working on an update and will release it soon.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Okay thanks for the update. Any approx eta for the next update?

Any news for UE 5.3 support?

Nope, the plugin is not updated for ue5.3 .

Fixed compilation errors for UE5.3

Hi ,went through the changes thanks :slight_smile:

hey, @Anzo
thanks for the github link, I’m trying to fix but the “[=, this]” thingie results in this error message:
1>E:\UE5\RTS5\Plugins\InstaLODMeshReduction\Source\InstaLODUI\Private\Slate\InstaLODWindow.cpp(515): error C3791: ‘this’ cannot be explicitly captured when the default capture mode is by copy (=)

You can replace [=, this] by just a [=] in case if you are building with less than c++20

hmm… strange, earlier if I used [=] only, I got 2 linking errors (similarly to default code compilation), but know it works, maybe something in Intermediate caused it, and after deleting them solved the problem. thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update!Any news for UE 5.3 support?

You can use version from my git repository with 5.3 support posed few messages above. Tested & worked. Idk why devs still not updated build at cloud.

An update for the InstaLOD for Unreal Engine integration is now available. This update adds support for Unreal Engine 5.3.2. The updated integration is available for download from your InstaLOD Cloud account at cloud2.InstaLOD.io.

1 Like

Any chance we can get this version updated on the InstaLODCloud.io site? Since Abstract shifted to the new store method, our InstaLOD license access has remained on the old platform and the current version of the plugin available was last updated on 2023-02-28

Hello @skrawnybynature,

Thank you for your post. The team will reach out soon. They may need some additional information but will directly contact you and the account holder for the specific license via email.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :grinning:

1 Like