Unable to view material - ERROR: Failed to program GPU (Issues on NVidia Quadro)

I have some errors when trying to view materials. Is this a bug or is it my machine, its quite old?

Thanks either way, and well done on the launch. Cheers :+1: :partying_face:

Thanks @VertForge and welcome to our community!

Could you please provide the specs for your machine?

Thanks again!

Sure, I was trying it out on a laptop -

Intel(R) Core™ i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Graphics card - Nvidia Quadro K1100m - 2GB

RAM - 8.00 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I was also only viewing the MAT at 64x64 so not anything super HighRes.

Thanks again.

I think the issue might be with your GPU being a Quadro, those cards are more geared towards CUDA compute than shaders/gaming. Does the card have a gaming mode in the settings? If yes that might help! Otherwise, you could try updating to the latest drivers.

1 Like

Yes, I will have a look into the drivers and settings more in depth. I can run substance painter and designer on it without any issues, as well as blender, Maya etc. But I will continue to look for possible solutions.

Thanks again.

That’s great, if you find a setting that causes it please let us know. We’re also looking into it on our side!

Ok yes will do, and if you find a solution let me know or if you need any log files etc from my end I would be happy to help if I can.

Thanks

1 Like

@VertForge we’ve had another user on Twitter that had exactly your issue. A manual installation of the driver has fixed it! The user also had a NVIDIA Quadro card

1 Like