Will there be a linux version released at any point?

Pretty much as the title says, Thanks to Microsoft and Windows becoming ad/malware I’ve been slowly moving onto Linux, now the only real reason I even use windows is quite literally for Virtual desktop VR and Instamat and I would really like to find a way to get those onto my Linux side so I can kiss windows goodbye for good.

Hello @Tealthantos and welcome to our community!

InstaMAT’s SDK and InstaMAT Pipeline already run on Linux - the team has not gotten to porting InstaMAT Studio as of yet. But from multiple users, they have said that it runs fine through wine.

Thanks!

Hello @Pixby,

I just tried installing InstaMAT on Wine on Ubuntu 24.04 and it does install and I’m able to license it, but unfortunately it complains of being unable to to initialise the InstaMAT SDK.

Screenshot from 2024-08-02 19-26-55

I looked on the forum for any tips for running the software in Wine but didn’t see any. Do you have any advice on how to get this to work?

Hello @karagee,

Apologies for the delay in response. Many of us were at SIGGRAPH this past week. I’ll bring this up internally and let you know once more information is available.

Thanks!

Hello again @karagee and welcome to our community!

There were a few users on our Discord server who mentioned they were able to get InstaMAT to run through Wine on Linux. Maybe they could help you here.

Here’s a link to our Discord server. Hopefully they can help you!

https://community.theabstract.co/t/instamat-discord-channel/401/2